The Newtown Swans Juniors have a common code of behaviour players and parents are required to adhere to. This code can be summarised as follows:
- Play by the rules.
- Do not argue with an umpire or other official. If you disagree you should pursue the matter with your team manager at a later time.
- Play to enjoy the game and improve your football skills.
- Control your temper and do not indulge in any verbal or physical abuse of an umpire, official or other player.
- Be a good sport and acknowledge all good efforts from your teammates and opponents.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team.
- Co-operate with your coach, teammates, umpires, officials and opponents, without whom there would be no game.
Date: Wednesday 25 November
Time: 6pm to 8pm
Venue: Newtown Public School Hall, 1 Norfolk Street, Newtown
+ zoom details shared in 23/11 Bounce
Are you keen to help shape the Club?
There are a number of key roles for the 2021 season:
- Swans Juniors – volunteers
- Auskick Coordinators
- Communications (External: Social & General Media, recruitment)
- Communications (Internal: Game Day & Training Focus)
Come along to the AGM to learn more.
Newtown Swans remind all our players and families of the importance of:
- not coming to training or games if you are unwell
- maintaining 1.5 metres between non-household members at all time, from watching the game outside the field, queuing for the canteen, and during drop off/pick up
- only having one parent or carer per child at any training or matches
- not sharing water bottles or food